Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Radioactive News


I spent a bit of time this morning watching MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, and  Fox News. I had a minor surgical operation on my foot a few days ago and the doc said I should take a break from work every couple hours and elevate my foot.

So, during my foot-elevation time around 9:30, I scanned the TV band. I watched a bit of CNN, a bit of MSNBC, a dab of CNBC, and then landed on Fox News Channel. They were talking about how dangerous train travel has become. Three train wrecks in the past few days.

I try to achieve some balance in what I watch. MSNBC constantly bashes Trump. CNN does, too. So I throw in a little Fox News Channel to at least get a sense of what a third of America believes is happening.

After the trains are scary story, the Fox News Babe (I'm sorry - I shouldn't objectify people) explained how the stock market was just fine, that this is a correction, that the ups and downs this morning show how the market is just seeking a new level. Hmmm. She sounded pretty intelligent and composed. I thought Fox would paint a gloom and doom scenario, but - they surprised me.

Then, they swung into a story I hadn't seen or heard anywhere else this morning. Some Homeland Security dude said the terrorists "crown jewel" is to blow up another airplane, that airplane travel is extremely dangerous. After his spiel, the FNC anchors nodded approvingly, and repeated the line about how blowing up an airplane is considered the crown jewel of terrorist achievement.

Very scary. Airplane travel. Scary. Bombs. Terrorists.

Then it was time for a commercial.

The commercial was an enticement for me to buy silver. I was told that banks and other money houses are hoarding silver. Silver is my safe haven against global market turmoil. Smart people are buying silver, because they want to be safe from the global market turmoil.

It was then that it struck me: watching Fox News is sort of like exposing yourself to radioactivity. The body can take small doses from time to time, but constant exposure is toxic.

And to make sure that everyone hates me, I think it's fair to say that the same can be said of MSNBC. Joe and Mika ridicule the President every morning. The nighttime MSNBC hosts bash Trump constantly.

Overexposure to either extreme is toxic. Somebody oughtta invent a cable TV news dosimeter, which would beep and boop loudly to warn you that you're approaching a toxic dose of cable TV news.

I think you'd reach your daily limit of exposure in a much shorter time watching Fox News, where the world is a very scary place, and there are so many things you need to be afraid of and hate.

It may take a bit longer, but I think this dosimeter would also go off to warn you of a possible toxic overdose from MSNBC and CNN.

Perhaps an advanced version of the dosimeter would automatically switch your TV to the Game Show Network or The Hallmark Channel when you're in danger of a cable news overdose.

It's a way you'd be assured of fairness and balance.

6 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment, although I would venture that that the dosimeter would do me a favor by automatically switching the channel to the Wheel of Fortune. What could possibly be wrong with this other than an overdose of Vanna White?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a complete jerk he became after cheating on me on several occasion, his betrayal brought out the worst fear in me to reality. Insecurities almost tore me apart as I asked him if his mistress has bigger butt or breast? If she is machine in bed? If she smells better? If he prefers brunette or blonde? I was going insane.
    A lot of unanswered question forced him to leave, he moved in with her for three months. Three months made me realize how good he was before my temper caused him to looking outside. I also realized it is not good for our children to have a broken home. So I needed him back and also someone or something that can transform me into a better wife and mother.
    Under the mountain of frustration and betrayal comes Dr. Wakina by dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the much anticipated help that did not only bring back my husband as a changed man, but made me superior over my disabilities.
    I am glad I picked faith over fear (through Dr. Wakina) which could have ruined my marriage. We are deeply in love again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my story, a true life story on how I survived an abusive husband(s). Please read and share.

    Leaving an abusive marriage was life threatening, I was scared of the post-divorce lifestyle. I felt starting afresh with another man seems impossible at my age because my husband(s) always downplays my emotions making me feel like a worthless woman. Yes, I was married thrice.

    I was betrayed by a friend, cheated upon by husband(s), beaten, jailed but I never gave up, I chose to ride or die with my current 5-year-old marriage because of love, our children and our shared finance. Though I love my husband to a fault and believed I can change his mindset through spiritual means before we go our separate ways.

    After domestic abuse and emotional conflicts comes spiritual father, Dr. Wakina with redemption and restoration via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the spell that ended my abusive circle. I also escaped social pressure.

    I wasn’t wrong afterall sticking to my husband and changing our lifestyle through spiritual doctors. Believe me, we’re living our dream lifestyle for over 5-months with much love and respect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is my hero, he saved our marriage and my heart from an unhealthy emotional attachment with my ex.
    The problem was that I jumped into marriage from a fresh breakup, I never allowed my heart to heal, that’s why I was heavily hunted and distracted to a point that I almost abandoned my husband and our 2 beautiful daughters to my ex. Look how stupid I was to think that my beloved husband of 5 years can be replaced by a bad ass ex-boyfriend.
    My husband proved that real men still exist despite all the embarrassment I brought to him, he didn’t let go, he rather worked with Dr. Wakina through his love spell to untie me from the unhealthy emotional attachment with my ex.
    Now my eyes are open to cherish the beautiful family I have, I also realised the meaning of true love. I’m hoping to do more than what Dr. Wakina via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com did for me.
    Thanks to my husband for letting me share this story.
    Remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lady with a great testimony I live in USA and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius via email: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete