Wednesday, March 16, 2011

With Liberty and Hypocrisy For All


With all the outside agitators causing the riots downtown every weekend, it’s hard to concentrate on anything. There’s so much noise from the constant gunfire on the Capitol Square I can hardly think straight. Either that, or it’s all the nook-you-ler radiation coming over here from Japan.

I mean, it’s one thing for our good native ‘sconnies to exercise their rights, but it’s the outside agitators who spoil it for everybody. Like those brothers from Kansas who’ve got their fingers in so many political pies it’s hard to keep track of where all their donations are going. Who cares? And that damn Joe the “Plumber” – wish he’d spend more time in Ohio.

And that big-shot Washington insider that Senator Hopper hired to get him ready for the recall? So what. I wish the media would stop snooping around Randy. So he’s shacked up with one of his employees….so what? Her house is in his district. Apartment, house….call it a domicile and be done with it. And don’t tell me that moveon.org and Blue States Media are local organizations.

Hopper has just as much right as Mr. Newt to spend his time with whom he pleases. Two consenting adults can do whatever they want, as long as they’re straight people of course. So he got a little from his intern or whatever she was….after all, there’s no controlling legal authority here. Gotta keep marriage safe for the working straight families of Wisconsin.

And while I’m on the topic, all those recall elections they’re talking about….that’s a bunch of crap. Who came up with the idea of a recall anyway? Once the voters have spoken, that’s it, because dammit, elections have consequences. And just never you mind about how Scott Walker became Milwaukee County Executive. That was a long time ago and it was just a youthful indiscretion by the desperado.

All this thinking and writing, with the windows open and sixty degrees and fresh air pouring in, makes me hungry. I gotta get over to Bavarian Sausage and pick up some brats to put on the grill this weekend. Those damn right-wingers over at Johnsonville can bite my butt.

Jeez, speaking of brats, I just can’t wait for BratFest! Couple a months and it’ll be here! Oh, wait….I guess I gotta think about that…..

2 comments:

  1. Just a clarification -- I don't think Hopper is "getting" anything but a mail drop and/or free rent from the employee (and campaign contributor) with the house in Fondy. The scuttlebutt has it that he's actually "shacking up" with his consultant girlfriend in Madison. So either he's not really living (even temporarily) at his district address of record, or there should be a paper trail of rent and/or disclosure of in-kind contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody posted on Twitter the other day that "licentious fornication among heartland conservatives threatens my traditional marriage." If I ever have a rock band, I'm going to call it "Licentious Fornication."

    ReplyDelete