Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Hope It's Not Over

It’s been such a fun Brewers season that I hope it doesn’t end Friday at Miller Park.  I hope the Brewers can win tonight, in Arizona, and then move on to the NL Championship series.

But it’s their inconsistent play that troubles me the most.  Anybody remember the last few weeks of September?

Last night was a stumble – from which I hope they pick themselves up and put tonight’s game away, early.  But more often than not, when they’ve stumbled this season, they’ve fallen flat on their faces for a week or more.

In September they beat the snot out of the Cards in a critical series, and then went to Chicago a few days later and let the Cubs look more like world-beaters than the 3rd-rate team they are.

And there was the curse of SI, which led to that long slump.

Like all good things, I don’t want it to come to an end.  I want them hosting Game One of the World Series on the 19th, and going on to win it.

Then it can end.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't followed the Brewers closely enough to know whether they're REALLY good or not. Everytime a team that hasn't been so good, though, becomes good, my first question is "who have they beaten?" Didn't the Brewers do not so great against the Phillies?

    Then again, the playoffs are a different thing than the regular season. In the playoffs, they'll pitch guys to death, so the Brewers may be better in a short one-time-only series than in the regular season, when there's 83 more games after this one.

    Which is to say: I don't know, but it'd be nice to have the Brewers win a Series in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a battery powered AM radio. This is serious.

    ReplyDelete